Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A way to waste time......

Hmm, you'd think after two weeks things would start to slow down around here....

Not at all.

This last week we've been taught how to roll Sushi (and yes they did have spoons in ancient Japan, JH!), messing with seaweed and caviar to much artistic effect (well, Katya was....I'm just happy that mine stuck together!) and have been a little hungover on a number of occasions ;) ... I'm getting a little frustrated with the lack of movement on the School Play project, as at the time of writing I still don't have a copy of the script! No matter, I suppose I must acquiesce to the African way of doing things and slow my horses up.

We also visited a very large Nature Reserve/Safari park in Addo, just beyond Port Elizabeth. We rented a (pos) car and hurtled ourselves the 3 hours up the road, well into the Western Cape area, where we were staying for two nights. Driving here is more of a field sport than a necessity; you really wonder do they hand out licenses at supermarkets, like a coupon special offer.....but, I digress.

The park is amazing and we saw many wondrous animals; Buffalo, Kudu, Ostriches (i think i never want to see another warthog/meerkat ever again) but missed the Lions, who were off playing cards or doing their laundry that day. Lots of Elephants up close though, and more than a fair share of Stripy Donkeys; all wild or rehabilitated wild animals. Very cool! Some pics to follow, already some up on facebook....

I write this now as some method of calming myself, as in 4 hours time I will throw myself 216m off a nearby bridge, attached only by a springy rope, and I would like my last words, if appropriate , to be fitting of my life!

So, in the great writings of the almighty Homer...... I Regret Nothing!

(Back later with pics etc!)

J

No comments: