Sunday, September 30, 2007

'Every day, every hour\I wish that I was..... bullet proof '

Ahoy, hoy!

So the recovery is in full swing, kind of...

I have spent the last week since coming home trying to ease myself back on track and its proven a pretty decent spin....apart from the night before last when, my ribs and my left leg defiantely reminded me that my neck was not the only thing that got battered like a cod in Glasgow...... Two serious strength painkillers and two Vailum put pay to that however :). Due back in the hospital for another xray/check up on Monday week, and staying relatively at home till then....

Thank you so much again for all the calls/Texts/mails etc that I've received....really nice to hear from everyone all round, even though the monkey jokes are getting a little thin... (I'm looking at you, Reidy!)....I'm trying to get mails back to everyone I can who have contacted me, so if i have'nt yet sorry!, will be in contact soon....

Also, a huge thanks to all those who contributed to the Rocky Road computer fund (you know who you all are!)..... the new machine is now in place and I am busy filling it with lots of lovely programs for the lovely people who live here :).... we have an extra three weeks here now before we venture on a little more travelling on our own.....



In one thing as a sign of luck changing (as if being alive is not enough!), the lovely people at Quantas quite nicely have changed our flights (both connection and main SA - OZ flight) for nothing !!!.... we are now due in Sydney for tea and crumpets with Mister Dunne on Nov 11th, bar any further Acts of Ape or medical emergencies......

Katya is very well, if relieved that all seems to be returning to normal.. she's had enough of hospitals and xrays for a lifetime, I think.

Will go now, if only see Ireland thrown home from the Rugby World Cup in shame as we deserve..... We both just bought lifetime Springbok supporters tickets yesterday!

If anyone who does'nt have it wants to mail me/contact etc....antifyre@gmail.com is the mail address, or look for Micheal JohnKennedy on facebook will find me too....
Bye,

J

4 comments:

Jayhaitch said...

I know what you mean about the monkey joke some of the them are ape-alling :)

Anonymous said...

Cmon, mission chimpossible is comedy gold :)

Hang your head john. hand your head.

Unknown said...

hi there glad to hear that you will be coming to us :) we shall be moved to our new exciting apartment in rohdes . Do you have the details of the time you get into Sydney at ?

Unknown said...

Hey Hon
Really sorry I haven't been in touch before. JH has kept me informed about you the recovery has been going and I have been checking the blog when I can. Things are just a bit crazy here. Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery and where better to do it than SA! I will refrain from the Chimp jokes though I am sure Paddy will have a few! Loads of love to you and Katya xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx P.S. is it your irish number we can text or did I miss a mail along the way?